Tuesday 11 September 2012

The wave

I made the canvas at a weeks course with Lynda Monk. It was a brilliant course, and we achieved a lot of samples and finished pieces, some of which I'll blog when I get round to it.
The canvas was quilted and some scrim with a small piece of heated tyvek added with bondaweb. I also added some string, and highlighted that, and some other bits with silver paint, after I had painted the blues. The whole canvas was then painted with gesso, then white acrylic paint. When really dry I painted it in the turquoise and blue Golden acrylics.


When I was home I added beads, and glass pebbles. The whole canvas is supposed to resemble a wave. 

12 comments:

Netty said...

Beautiful work Wendy. Annette x

Heather said...

It's beautiful Wendy and looks very watery. You must be so pleased with it.

Jean said...

Your canvas is beautiful Wendy, The colour is gorgeous and I love all the texture.Jean x

Neet said...

Absolutely gorgeous Wendy, I saw a lot of the samples of what you had done with Linda and I look forward to them being immortalised on here for all to see.

Hugs Neet xx

My name is Cindy said...

Wendy it's lovely!! The colour is so gorgeous and all the texture and details aer fab. Cindy x

Jenny Marples said...

And is does look just like a wave. LOVE the texture in this Wendy. Gorgeous. Hugs, Buttons x

Zue said...

Just gorgeous...how imaginative:)
xxx

Sherry said...

The course sounds fantastic Wendy and your canvas is wonderful! It really does look like a wave and I love all the glorious texture you put into it x

Jacqui Chimes said...

Hi Wendy

I love this

Karin said...

oh this is gorgeous, love it!!

Barb Cady said...

Wendy I think this is beautiful! Can't wait to see the other pieces you did as this one is inspiring. x

May said...

Gorgeous work.. adore the textures & colours.. I'm your newest follower... Hugs May x x x

Blog Archive