Friday 25 April 2014

Artful Times DT challenge piece -- Badge, button or brooch

The challenge this time on Artful Times is to make a badge, button or brooch that fastens with a pin. I decided to make a badge to wear on courses.
I started off with pelmet vilene, with some tyvek and scrim on. I painted it with Golden acrylic paints, and then embossed it with some embossing powder.
The name is small scrabble tiles. The three larger beads at the bottom are hand made with painted Tyvek. The smaller beads are all sewn on afterwards.
The scan doesn't show up the texture very well, as its bouncing off the embossing powder.

7 comments:

chrissie said...

What a fantastic idea Wendy and such wonderful colours and textures. I am sure everyone will want one of these when you wear yours

Love Chrissie x

Heather said...

That's a super name badge. I love making beads - it must be time I made some more.

Meggymay said...

Thats a super name badge Wendy, I agree with Chrissie, everyone will want to have one for themselves.
Yvonne x

Neet said...

Love the vylene background and the tyvek beads are cool.
I hope you remember to wear it at the next workshop I am at with you.

hugs, Neet xx

hazel said...

A gorgeous name badge Wendy and what a great idea - so much nicer that a paper sticker.
xxx Hazel.

Sandra's Spot said...

That's a fab badge and a wow with the colour and gorgeous beads. Cool idea. Hugs Sandra XXX

Von said...

Super name badge and what dinky little scrabble tiles :)
Von ♥

Blog Archive