Thursday 16 November 2017

Thursday journal with Neet

My turn this week to choose the colours and words. I have chosen turquoise and lime green, no surprise to those who know me, with my third colour, coral.  The word is mermaid. As soon as I started this I wondered why on earth I had chosen mermaid. All my Dylusion figures were too big, so I used a friends stamp and stamped a mermaid. Neet and I had decided where possible to use Dylusion stamps and I had made a mermaid with one of the heads and a body of another one. I made up a tail and used silk for the hair. It just about filled the page, so hubby who isn't a bit interested in what I was doing said " why don't you photocopy it and reduce the size. So that is what I did.  I have also used the stamped one. I die cut some seaweed and stamped and embossed some more. A few stamped fish and shells and I was finished.
Note to self: Think before coming up with a wood that is too much of a challenge.
I wonder what Neet will choose for next week !!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Another great page. The mermaid on the left certainly has attitude!

Neet said...

Ha ha! Great idea and I love the mermaid on the right, what a glorious image. Now why are there no Mermen around - would make a great stamp.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive